Monday, February 28, 2011

Parents/Grandparents Visit me!

This past Friday, my parents and grandparents had planned on coming to College Station to visit me and take me out to lunch. My mom is the only one who had seen my apartment before, so I was really excited to show it off. The night before I clean swept the whole room: did dishes, emptied the trash, sparkled, dusted, etc. Finally I went to sleep, barely able to close my eyes because I was excited to see my family. Early in the morning, my boyfriend Cole arrived. He had a 6am workout for football and he came to College Station straight after. So we ate breakfast and got ready and around 10a, my parents and grandparents arrived. After the immediate hugs and kisses, I introduced them to all of the front desk workers. We took a tour of the entire apartment. I showed them the private theatre, fitness center, computer room, recreation room, tanning salon, cafeteria, and then upstairs to my room. They LOVED it. My Gram and Papa had never seen a dorm look so nice. Amalia and I were very proud! After catching their breath from the gorgeous room, my mom, dad, Gram, Papa, Cole, and I loaded up into the car and headed out to lunch. On the way to lunch I showed them the apartment complex I would be living in next year. We went to lunch at Fish Daddy's. For anyone who has never been to Fish Daddy's is it a casual seafood place with good prices and GREAT food. There is one in Austin and one in College Station, I don't know of any other locations, but I do reccommend going!

After a delicious lunch and a toast to celebrate me getting accepted into A&M, we headed back to my dorm and said our good byes. Before we left my mom gave me a present: A bunch of A&M stuff and the new movie Due Date!

I love visits from family :-) free meals and gifts, could it get any better then this?!

TF

No comments: