Friday, February 18, 2011

Buyer's Remorse Sucks

I was beginning to think about my upcoming Spring Break Trip to South Padre and decided to try on all my swimsuits from last summer and take inventory of how many new items I would have to buy for this season. Fortunately, a lot of my tops were TOO small. And this is a wonderful excuse to buy new swimsuits! So I went to the mall and dragged my boyfriend along with me. While he was sitting on a chair playing on his I-Touch, I spent at least an hour trying on every suit they sell at Victoria's Secret. After narrowing it down to two bathing suits, I finally left the dressing room and made my way to the checkout.

The first one was a black bikini with built in push up! The second one was a blue patterned bikini that was so fun and cute! I am checking out and whipping out my debit card, so proud to be making this purchase, when all of a sudden, the cashier said: "Your total is $150.46." My jaw dropped.

How could two bathing suits be $150?!
&
Why did I spend over an hour trying things on and NEVER check the prices?

So I, confused, asked the worker why the total was so much and he told me the top of the black bathing suit was $50. BUMMER! As much as I loved it, I knew it would be dumb to buy it. So I only got the blue patterned one for a total of $57. I left Victoria's Secret a little dazed and confused but still happy that I got one.

After I left the mall, I started to doubt my purchase. 2 swim suits is not worth $150, but is 1 swimsuit worth $57? So 4 days later, I took the walk of shame back to Victoria's Secret and returned the swimsuit. $57 was deposited back into my checking account.

I hope you are proud of me Dad...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good decision Tombo!