Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Busy=BETTER

Maybe it is just me, but I feel like college students do better, the busier they are. For my first two semesters, I have taken 17 credit hours; (this is 5 classes, two of which have a Lab credit hour.) I didn’t necessarily want to take that many hours but A) Since I was trying to transfer and B) I figured I could handle it at a Junior College, I registered for them.

Along with school, I am also a nanny. My sister met this family of 4 kids at church and she babysat for them when she went to A&M. When she graduated, I came in and took over. I normally work between 15-25 hours a week for them.

As you can see, this keeps me very busy… but I LOVE it! My dad always says: “Tomi works best when she has to schedule in study time.” And last semester, I proved him right. I ended with a 3.6 GPA and this semester I want to do even better.

So although I am very busy, I am thankful for it because if I was only taking 12 credit hours and not working, I would be bored and probably slacking in my classes!

Just something to think about... <3

TF




2 comments:

Dollie said...

Yep, really, if you want something done, you need to be a bit busy. College can do that, in fact, college can keep you very busy. There's studying, and you can't forget your social life too, and all the other stuff you have to do.

-Dolly Paolucci

Tomi Fanning said...

Thank you Dollie! Ever since I was a child, schedules made me run. But you're right it is important to schedule in some social time too ;-)