Friday, February 11, 2011

Cyber Bullying... not cool

After a long day of school and a long night of nannying, I went over to my friend Gabby's house. While we were there, she received a phone call telling her to look at this guy (from high school's) Facebook Status.

It reads: "Tomi Fanning used to be skinny."

Three thoughts immediately popped in my head:

1- How has he seen me...? We aren't friends...This is creepy!
2- Does he really have NOTHING else he could be doing right now besides this?
3- What would his mother say, when she sees he is disrespecting women?

After my initial shock wore off, I was upset. Not at what was said specifically but the fact that people are allowed to post things like this about other people and get away with it. This is the type of behavior and bullying they talk about on the News and on Dr. Phil about how "Cyber Bullying" needs to stop. I, myself, had never experienced it and now that I have... it sucks!

I live my life treating people the way I want to be treated and striving everyday to set an example for people and lead with class.

To address gaining weight, when I was in high school I had a 12 year old body.... no curves, no shape, no "womanly figure". My senior year of high school, my body started changing and maturing and so that is how it is now. I almost find it comical that people who I don't know nor have any interest in knowing take such an interest in my well being.

Bottom line, to everyone, don't ever post mean things on Facebook, or things that could be perceived as mean if you are on the other end. Go back to kindergarten and learn that if you don't have something nice to say, don't say it at all!

I am looking forward to a great weekend with some great people!
<3

TF

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Just keep your head up! Just remember that you obviously are an amazing person if people you don't even know are talking about you that much in their personal lives. It's so rude but you are so much better than them!
<3 Love you

blake twins said...

Anyone would be lucky to look like you! You're gorgeous along with having such a great personality and attitude! Loved seeing you at the wedding! haboo h & j