Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Bump-It

As we all know, Fashion Fads come and go. In the past couple of years we have seen:
-"boyfriend" jeans, boys wearing girl jeans, jeggings, braided hair, slouched boots/uggs, etc... it goes on and on and on. Out of all the fads and trends I have seen... one has stuck with me. THE HAIR POOF. Poofing your hair is a fad that became especially popular when we were introduced to "Snookie" from Jersey Shore a couple years ago.



This is a way you do your hair, to add something cute or funky. For going out, going to school, or even to pull it out of your eye for a workout, a poof is perfect. There are two different poofs, front and back. The front poof is easier to perfect. You grab a small section of hair from the front of your head, back tease it with a comb, (to the height you are comfortable with). Voilà! Keep the rest of your hair down or pull it back and use bobby pins to hold it in place, or pull it back in a pony tail. It is very versatile! I do the front poof all the time. 

The back poof, however, is a little more difficult. I really like this hair style, because I have flat, stick-straight hair, and this gives me some volume. I got a "Bump-it" for my birthday last year, but this method is MUCH more effective. I am not going to try to explain how to do it, because I am still practicing. But this how-to youtube video helped me learn!




"Poofing" is a style that will never get old for me. Whether it is formal or casual, a poof always adds a sassy kick into your look. I don't think I go one day, here in CS, without seeing at least 5 girls rocking a poof. Try it! Practice makes perfect.

<3 TF





No comments: