Monday, March 28, 2011

Big Sissy Visits!

My older sister Cori came in to visit me for the weekend. She is 6 years older then me, married, and lives in Dallas with her husband and dog. She had not seen my dorm yet and so we chose a weekend and decided that she would come down! She drove in on Friday and arrived around 2pm. She parked and I took her on a tour. Just like my parents and grandparents, she was impressed with how nice the facilities were. She loved my room, especially Amalia and my matching leopard and purple beds and accessories all through out our room. After the tour we decided to load up and go shopping! Who knew how much shopping we could do! We went to an A&M t-shirt store, Kohl's, Hobby Lobby, and bought tons of stuff. From new tank tops and wedges to a new back yard porch umbrella that Cori bought, it was fabulous!

Later that evening we went to Ninfa's, which is a delicious mexican food restaurant here in College Station. And it was SO yummy. I recommend it to anyone who visits! After dinner we met all of my friends at Spoons. Spoons is a frozen yogurt shop that is famous in College Station. It has a variety of flavors and a variety of toppings. It is ALWAYS busy and on this Friday night it was especially busy because all the money that people spent was being donated to the Red Cross for Japan Relief. So we made sure to spend a lot of money and get LOTSSSS of yogurt. After way too much food and yogurt, we resorted to a Red Box movie in our living room. (Jackass 3 never gets old!)

Saturday morning, we woke up and got ready to go visit the family I babysit for. We played and socialized with them for a while and then decided it was time to soak up the sun. We laid out by the pool for a long time. It was a gorgeous day out. Unfortunately, Cori got FRIED! She was so red; it was almost funny until I saw that it could be painful to her! After sun bathing for a long time, we showered up and continued onto the salon to get pedicures. For a girl’s weekend, pedicures are a must. And the beauty of getting one in College Station… they are only $15!
That night we went to a local Italian restaurant called Fontana’s. Again, I would recommend it to any visitors. It was TO DIE FOR food! After dinner, we rented the movie Morning Glory and rented out the movie theater room in my apartment so we could watch it on the projector screen. We were all tired from the sun and fun that we went to sleep right after the movie.

The next morning we ate breakfast and Cori had to head out back home to Dallas. Although this may not sound like the most crazy or busy weekend, it was perfect. And it was the right amount of relaxation I needed to get me through this week. I had a great time, but the one thing missing was my other sister Ruthie, who couldn’t make it to this “Sister Weekend.” We will definitely do it again!

I love my sisters; they are my best friends!

P.S. Cori- Thank you for the adorable coozie and candle!

Haboo!

TF





2 comments:

Cori said...

Love the blog post! I am just SO mad that we didn't snap any pictures during the weekend!!! Next time!

Alex said...
This comment has been removed by the author.