Thursday, March 3, 2011

"DON'T EVER DO THAT AGAIN!"

One of my new favorite TV shows is Toddlers and Tiaras on TLC. TLC is one of my favorite channels and so when I heard about this show I was immediately interested. I love toddlers and I love attitude… and boy, does this show have a ton of that!!

The show follows about 4 different little girls or boys each week ranging from age 6 months to 10 years old. It shows them before, during, and after the pageants and what it takes to get them prepared and ready to go on stage. When I was a little girl and I would watch Miss America or Miss Texas pageants, I secretly wished I could be one of those girls. They were so pretty, smart, and seemed so nice. The only difference is… they were adults!! This show is about children in pageants who get spray tans, get their eye brows waxed, makeup done, hair done, and put in fake teeth so their smiles look more mature. Then they compete in beauty and talent. They parade around in expensive dresses trying to get the judges to like them. These little girls are precious and look very pretty, but it is almost disgusting to watch some of the episodes and see how their mothers behave. For example, there was an episode about a baby girl who was “destined to be Miss Universe.” This is a baby we are talking about, one that can’t walk, talk, or do anything. The mom got interviewed many times and was very tense and nervous talking about her daughter JoJo. “If JoJo doesn’t win, she will be crushed. She knows how hard she has worked and she knows she deserves to win.” Do 10 month olds know anything!??!?! How on earth would a baby know if she did not win? This to me is a case of living through your child. Maybe the mother wanted to be a pageant queen when she was younger and so she is living out her dreams in her daughter. Besides the occasional freak moms, it is a pretty entertaining show. It has a lot of little girl drama and a lot of sassy toddlers, which I find funny. It shows me how NOT to raise my children.

Here is a video of my FAVORITE person on Toddlers and Tiaras. Makenzie is the epitome of this show… dramatic, sassy, and cute!






Check it out on Wednesday nights at 9pm!

TF

No comments: