Tuesday, April 12, 2011

A Somber "Tuned in Tuesday"

"So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."

Isaiah 41:10 



This past weekend one of Cole’s good friends and teammates Collin Buteaux passed away in a fatal car accident. I have looked online to find details or a news story but they are not available yet. He was a student and football player at Blinn College in Brenham, that is where he and Cole became friends. Then this past semester he transferred to Navarro Junior College to continue playing football there. I had the pleasure to hang out with him a few times and everytime I was around him he made sure to keep everyone laughing.


Here is a picture of Cole (Left), his friend Ricky (Middle), and Collin (Right). This was during summer school and summer practice in 2010 when the boys were so sore and tired that when we went to Wal-mart, they had to use wheel chairs!



While I was thinking about losing someone, I stumbled upon the song “There You’ll Be” by: Faith Hill. It was a song used in the movie Pearl Harbor and the lyrics are very appropriate for the loss of Cole’s dear friend.








Keep Collin Buteaux and his family in your prayers. Here is his web page that was created after his death to allow people to post pictures and memories about Collin.


TF


No comments: