Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Senioritis already?

Last semester I worked really hard and I got a 3.6 GPA. I was planning on applying to A&M for Fall 2011 and after my first semester, I was sending in my grades and hoping for admissions. Well, I got in!! Like I had posted before, I received transfer admissions for Texas A&M as a Communications major. When you transfer to Texas A&M your credit hours transfer but not your GPA which could be a good thing or a bad thing!

It is good because if you did poorly on a couple of your classes, you can start fresh at Texas A&M in the fall. It is a bad thing because if you worked your tail off to get a 4.0 those grades would not transfer. Since I have already gotten into A&M, my spring semester grades really do not matter. I am required to meet a 2.5 or higher... EASY!

This is a GREAT thing to be able to relax a little this semester. But a dangerous thing to lose some of my motivation, since my grades do not matter. DON'T WORRY DAD! I am not shooting for a 2.5 and slacking off. I am still working hard and studying a lot, but it is nice to have that 2.5 minimum to fall back on ;-)

Keep pushing college students!  Less then one month away till we are done.

TF

2 comments:

Cori said...

Tomi-
"Finish the semester out strong"! (Name that person)!
Love, Cor

Tomi Fanning said...

Haha your clone... AKA DAD! Love you