Friday, June 24, 2011

CHA CHA CHA!

I have a new obsession and I want to shout it to the world... ZUMBA! Zumba is an aerobic fitness program created by Miami-based dancer and choreographer Beto Perez and two entrepreneurs, Alberto Perlman and Alberto Aghion. It originated in Colombia in the 1990s and is taught by some 20,000 instructors in 35 countries.


Basically it is a room full of women, poppin' it, shakin' it, and getting a great work out! I am a member of Lifetime Fitness and trying to get me to workout is like getting a stubborn child to eat vegetables. I have never liked working out, but I have realized that it IS something that I need to make a priority in my life. My sister Ruthie finally talked me into going to a Zumba Class. I am SO glad she did! I went with my best friend Amalia and from the beginning of the class until the end I had a smile on my face. We did latin style moves to modern hip hop songs. It can help you feel sexy and who knew dancing could give you such a workout?! 


It is my new favorite thing and I am going tonight :-)
If they have it at your gym... TRY it!



No comments: